A staff member of l’École secondaire catholique Saint-François-Xavier has been arrested, according to the school board.
A statement from Conseil scolaire catholique Providence said it had been notified by Sarnia Police Service (SPS) that the employee was charged with multiple offences. The announcement, which came out on Saturday, February 21, at 3 p.m., adds that the person was placed on administrative leave before the arrest took place.
The school board noted that its primary concern remains the safety and well-being of its students. The school will be bringing in a team to offer support beginning Monday.
SPS told Sarnia News Today in an email that the incident was originally part of a media release separate from the one by the school board on February 21. Shortly after the post, the SPS heard that a "publication ban" may have been imposed, and pending a review of any ban order that may have been made by the courts, will look to repost the release at the first opportunity.